Move Away Cases or Relocation

If you share custody of your child and you or your ex-spouse plans to move away, there are certain legal rights that must be addressed before such steps can be taken. By consulting Bill Lester you can find out what your legal rights are and what must be done to protect them. Whether you are the custodial or non-custodial parent, it’s imperative that you address this situation as soon as possible. A relocation case can be difficult on all involved parties. All family members deserve to have their well-being considered especially with regard to visitation and custody. Georgia law is uncommon in that a custodial parent has the right to change the permanent residence of their child or children. However, it is subject to court approval in cases where the move might affect the rights or welfare of the child or children. Although the law may seem fairly cut and dry in regards to a custodial parent’s right to move away with his or her children, this is actually not always the case and has been the subject of much scrutiny over time and has become the source of numerous legal disputes. To learn more about your rights and how Georgia law may affect you and your children in a move away case, contact Bill today.

Bill understands that this time in your life can be almost as difficult as the initial divorce and he is ready to quickly and efficiently resolve your case. Bill will work hard to meet your legal goals and assist you with all necessary paperwork and legal proceedings to make adjustments to your divorce decree. Bill represents clients throughout the entire Atlanta area including the communities of Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, Roswell, Decatur, Marietta, Stone Mountain, Lawrenceville, Cumming, Forsyth County, Smyrna, Alpharetta, Douglasville, Lithonia, Tucker and Snellville. Please click on the bio of William R. Lester here to learn more about his practice or click here to read some client testimonials. Please also feel free to utilize our family law resource links.

Call 770.668.9300

Contact Bill Lester | Fryer, Shuster & Lester, P.C.